Artists and thinkers coming together to promote fine crafts, innovation, and honest sustainability.

The best and brightest artists and thinkers coming together to promote fine crafts, original thought, and honest sustainability.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weekly Featured Artist: Golly Bard Studio

I am quite pleased to present a delightful watercolorist this week. Golly Bard just makes me smile. Holly (artist behind Golly Bard) has a knack for capturing the delight of nature is a lovingly clean and simple way. Enjoy!


Name: Holly Ward Bimba
Business Name: Golly Bard


www.gollybard.etsy.com
www.gollybard.blogspot.com


The Basics: I have been making art my whole life. I studied the fine art of printmaking, papermaking, and book arts. Watercolor painting is my favorite medium, my first love. I work from my home studio in Virginia. I live a pretty simple life with my dear husband. I read voraciously, listen to music, watch lots of movies, take long walks, and watch birds. I love nothing more than spending time with family and friends. In case you are wondering, Golly Bard is a nonsense nickname given to me by my family.



1. What five words best describe you?
inquisitive, quiet, silly, bookish, nerdy

2. What five words best describe your work?
curious, quirky, whimsical, stylized, patterned

3. What was the very first art form you fell in love with, and, do you still do it?
Watercolor. I still paint with watercolor.

4. What was your very worst ‘real’ job?
Working as an administrative assistant was not very interesting work at all. It was quite dull, actually.

5. Is artwork your full-time life? Or, if not, are you planning to make it that way? If so, what’s your favorite part about being a full-time creative?
I am a full time artist. I enjoy working on my own and charting my own course.

6. What do you think is the single most important thing you could tell an artist just starting out?
Work, work, work and make more work!

7.What is your favorite way to distribute our work (craft shows, online, galleries, etc…), and why?
I have done a bit of everything and I would have to say I love selling my work online. It enables me to reach people all over the world, which is amazing.

8. What are your five favorite blogs and/or websites?
the selby, book by its cover, all about birds, morbid anatomy, the jealous curator

9. Favorite artist?
Who can name just one? Francesco Clemente, Louise Bourgeois, David Hockney, Annette Messager, Leonard Baskin

10. Guilty pleasure?
Buying books and music, though I really don’t feel all that guilty!







Last Week's Giveaway Winner: Angie - We hope you get better quickly!

1 comment:

britni @ Antika Moda said...

beautiful work!!!

ps. thanks for allowing me to showcase your beautiful leaf ring!!! I'm your newest blog follower :)