Artists and thinkers coming together to promote fine crafts, innovation, and honest sustainability.

The best and brightest artists and thinkers coming together to promote fine crafts, original thought, and honest sustainability.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

About

Hi! My name is Illana. I am the fingers and brains behind Zip & Ruth. When I’m not dissecting old costume jewelry or putting it back together as new (hopefully not quite so costume-y) jewelry, I spend a lot of time combing the planet for anything and everything lovely and old. 


My Background…


Before diving head-first into the never-boring world of being a professional artist, I did all kinds of nifty stuff…. from working as a florist, to being a fancy executive, I travelled a strange road to get to where I am. Because of this varied background, I find myself inspired by the strangest things…. a perfect swirl on the top of my cappuccino caused me to make a felt hat once…. the sound of dripping rain inspired the dangly earring collection that have become my signature.


Please let me know if you have questions, custom requests, or if you just want to chat. To quote another Etsy seller… If you connect with me, I’ll connect with you!


-illana
info@zipandruth.com

No comments: