Artists and thinkers coming together to promote fine crafts, innovation, and honest sustainability.

The best and brightest artists and thinkers coming together to promote fine crafts, original thought, and honest sustainability.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Ralph Hinkley made me do it.

I just saw the A-Team. My boyfriend and I played hooky for the afternoon and played video games in the arcade while we waited an extra hour and a half just to see it on the BIGGER screen. Yup, there is totally a twelve-year-old boy inside me somewhere. I blame Greatest American Hero, Superman, and Voyagers. As a child of the 80's there were really not that many shows for girls that didn't suck. I mean who really wanted to be Smurfette. And I KNOW you you didn't want to be Jem...or any of her stupid Holograms. I wanted to strap on the tights and save the world... and Wonderwoman's outfit just seemed silly to me. So off I went to play in superhero-land with the boys.

What's the point you ask? How is this related to craftyness you ponder? While my lovely readers.... wanting to be a superhero made me want to kick ass in whatever I do. I call it super-overachieving. Wait...that sounded like something I should get therapy for... back up.....

I think about the heroes of the world a lot. Real and fantastic (I refuse to say imagin*ry). I think heroes are a pretty good thing to fixate on when everything seems hard and the whole world seems to be crashing in on you; think about it, they are uncompromising, driven, fearless. That definitely doesn't suck.

And by the way, the A-Team was KICK ASS!

No comments: