Artists and thinkers coming together to promote fine crafts, innovation, and honest sustainability.

The best and brightest artists and thinkers coming together to promote fine crafts, original thought, and honest sustainability.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Living the Dream.... almost;)

I’ll admit it. I’m addicted to the Quit Your Day Job blog on Etsy. I find it incredibly inspiring to hear all about how talented people are out there fighting the good fight and making their dreams come true. But honestly, that’s not why I read it. I read it because I am a total voyeur. I am a craft-y-voyeur… and I find that as much as I love reading about people that make it, I really want to know the hows. Like ALL of the hows. I want to know what kind of sewing machine they use, where they buy their recycled silver, what they hang on the wall in their studio, what kind of coffee fuels them to achieve artistic greatness. You know, basic stuff. Unfortunately, no one ever includes all the nitty-gritty details. Add to that, we all know that there are piles….mountains even, of blogs out there talking about magical, wonderful craftiness. I suppose I could join the fray, but I thought that if I was looking for a new blog to read on a regular basis (which is what I would love to have my lovely readers do), I would want to read about how someone actually gets there. So in future posts, expect to see the good the bad and the ugly of Zip and Ruth’s ascension to crafty-legend, as I attempt to live the artsy-farsty dream.

No comments: