Artists and thinkers coming together to promote fine crafts, innovation, and honest sustainability.

The best and brightest artists and thinkers coming together to promote fine crafts, original thought, and honest sustainability.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm afraid of my sewing machine.

So….I bought this really amazing industrial sewing machine that can apparently sew through lead. However, in searching for information and tutorials on sewing with said animal….I found MANY warnings about not sewing while tired…as my wonderful little machine will chomp off the tips of my fingers like they were twigs in a mulcher. So now, every time I feel the urge to experiment with it…I end up asking myself, “Am I tired? How much sleep did I get last night? Do I feel a hint of allergy-related fuzziness coming on?” And so, I am now afraid of my sewing machine.

I’ll let you know when I slay the dragon….and actually make one of the beautiful handbags I have all cut out and waiting for me to grow a pair.

No comments: